ONE BRAND. ONE PROTOCOL. ANY PROCEDURE.
Introducing OptiBond™ eXTRa Universal. Built on its predecessor OptiBond™ XTR, it combines the reliability of patented OptiBond™ GPDM technology with the peace of mind of a consistent, universal solution. Its two-component formulation brings together the power of a total-etch adhesive and the safety of a self-etch technique in one consistent protocol. When used together, OptiBond™ eXTRa Universal and NX3 Nexus™ cement combine the clarity of one standardized process for all indirect procedures, with outstanding results even in total dark cure mode.
- The Gold Standard In Adhesion. Kerr’s proven OptiBond™ GPDM Monomer ensures more effective and reliable adhesion than other adhesive monomers to both the tooth structure and the resin material.
- Two Bottles. One Consistent Protocol. Prior to curing OptiBond eXTRa Universal features a very low pH for effective enamel etching. After curing the pH neutralizes creating outstanding compatibility with virtually all types of cements composites and core build-up materials and eliminating the need for any auxiliary product.
The Gold Standard in Adhesion
The proven OptiBond™ GPDM Monomer
ensures better adhesion with both the tooth
structure and the resin material and overall
higher bond strength.
• An acidic phosphate group effectively anchors
the adhesive to the hydrophilic surface of
• The presence of more methacrylate functional
groups, compared to other adhesive monomers
such as MDP, allows a more effective interface
with the hydrophobic resin.
Ternary Solvent System
Three solvents in one
To add reliability and reduce technique sensitivity,
OptiBond™ eXTRa Universal is also enriched with
the Kerr proprietary Ternary Solvent System for
an overall combined action:
• WATER enhances the etching power and
re-wetting ability, facilitating penetration
of the adhesive into dentinal tubules.
• ACETONE enhances shelf-life stability and
increases the acidity and etching during
application due to its quick evaporation.
• ETHANOL facilitates the formation of a
homogeneous adhesive layer, resulting in
a less technique-sensitive application.
Unique acidity drop
Introducing the exclusive smart pH technology
that adapts the acidity of the bonding formula
ensuring full indirect compatibility with virtually
• Prior to curing, OptiBond™ eXTRa Universal
features a very low pH for effective
• After curing, the pH neutralizes, creating
outstanding compatibility with composites
and core build-up materials, eliminating the
need for any auxiliary products.